Closing the mailing lists

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Sun Mar 31 20:56:21 EDT 2019

After much consideration, I have decided to do away with the mailing
lists (both Announce and Users) and replace that with a forum platform.
The reasoning behind this decision was discussed in my post in the
Users mailing list [1].

The new forum is hosted at forum.genieacs.com. Discourse (the software
powering the forum) has a "mailing list mode" that can be enabled from
the user settings, if that's your thing. Future GenieACS related
announcements will be published in the Announcements category [2] in
the forum as well as the blog [3] on GenieACS website. This will be the
last email sent to this announce mailing list so please make sure to
sign up in the forum or the website to continue receiving announcements
about new releases and other GenieACS related news. Both the website
and the forum support RSS feed (no sign up necessary).

In other news, the next release of GenieACS (v1.2) is coming along
rather nicely. Among the many exciting new features is a brand new user
interface. I'll be publishing a blog post about that shortly, so stay
tuned.

[1]: http://lists.genieacs.com/pipermail/users/2019-January/002365.html
[2]: https://forum.genieacs.com/c/announcements
[3]: https://genieacs.com/blog