Manny Veloso manny.veloso at smartrg.com
Thu Apr 9 12:57:22 EDT 2015

For managing bridge mode, they just bridge some other PVCs and leave the main one up, and map the LAN ports to those other PVCs. That way they have a managed bridge without the extra config. Also, they usually default the device before it goes back out, and some (most?) of them use the ACS to push new credentials down; if you have default creds you’re in a walled garden that can only get to the ACS and a few other websites, like the ISP support section etc.

The accounting is an interesting thing, and I wonder why that’s not a problem. I guess the traffic is so small that it doesn’t really matter that much. Devices normally only check in once a day or so, which is like 2-4k.

--
Manny Veloso
Sr. Solutions Engineer