Zyxel VMG1312 WLAN settings

Steve Glendinning steve at warwicknet.com
Sun Apr 26 09:25:23 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm testing Genie with Zyxel VMG1312 CPEs, and it's working extremely well
so far.  I'm seeing a slightly odd behaviour with the WLAN SSID detection
though.

It looks like the default factory config for these devices define multiple
WLAN configurations, so all these exist:

InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.1.SSID = MyNetworkName
InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.2.SSID
= ZyXEL14250_Guest1
InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.3.SSID = ZyXEL14250_Guest2
InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.WLANConfiguration.4.SSID = ZyXEL14250_Guest3

Same for the WPA key.

Only the first of these is "active" - I guess the others are there as
placeholders in case you turn on the WLAN guest features.

Using the default config/parameters.json regexes the last one is returned
(presumably because all of these match?).

"InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice./^\\d+$/.WLANConfiguration./^\\d+$/.SSID"
: {"alias" : "summary.wlanSsid"},

"InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice./^\\d+$/.WLANConfiguration./^\\d+$/.PreSharedKey.1.KeyPassphrase"
: {"alias" : "summary.wlanPassphrase"}

I guess the best thing to do in the case of this router would be to
hardcode that regex to 1 instead of \d .  Are there any "better" solutions
to this?

Thanks,
--
Steve Glendinning