Next release

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Fri Aug 14 11:18:22 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 02:54 PM, Grímur Daníelsson wrote:
> Hi,

    We have been waiting for the next release of genieacs before going
    ahead with it.

    Any timeframe for when it will be released?

An optimistic estimate would be a few weeks. The API is going to be
compatible with the current version so you could install that and update
later. Unless you have another reason to hold off?

I guess this is a good time to share some updates about the upcoming
release. The main focus for it is to address current limitations of
parameter aliasing. In particular some scalability issues when using
regex aliases and also the ability to have conditional/intelligant
aliases. Other features that will likely make it are timed presets (e.g.
nightly) and presets that are triggered by certain events such as device
bootstrap. And as a by-product of all the changes under the hood there's
going to be a decent performance boost.

Zaid