Question regarding TR181 Device.PeriodicStatistics.

Prashant Upadhyaya praupadhyaya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:58:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to wrap my head around the TR181 Device.PeriodicStatistics.

Let us say, I have a CPE which has
Device.PeriodicStatistics.MaxReportSamples set to 24. Let us consider
that CPE supports a single sample set whose TimeReference is set to
UTC, and the sample interval is set to an 1 hour.

So this means that the CPE is obligated to store 24 samples which get
completed at the stroke of every UTC hour.

So far so good.

Now the question -- what happens if these samples are never collected
by the ACS. Does it mean that the CPE will wrap around its 24 samples
and start overwriting the first one ? Or will the CPE simply stop
storing any more samples beyond the 24 samples ?

Does the 'collection' from ACS mean a GetParameterValue of this sample
set ? If it does, then does this affect the CPE's treatment of samples
eg. the first sample now gets logically 'changed' to the most recent
one which was not collected and was getting baked ? Or the CPE does
not care but keeps on revolving overwriting the samples in time order
?

Regards
-Prashant