GenieACS basic Presets

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Aug 28 13:17:54 EDT 2015

>  if the presets are used with condition as CPE serial number to match, I
get the CPE to be updated with the desired settings, question is will it
always push the preset values once it receives the INFORM from the client?

Only the values that do not match the preset will be changed.

>   If user changes any settings, will they be changed back to values
defined in Presets once a INFORM is received ?

Only if those entries are sent in the inform. If a refreshObject is done on
the root entry, and GenieACS detects a changed value and there is a preset
for that value (and the precondition matches), then the CPE will be updated
to match the preset.

> What is an OBJECT and how it can be used in context of pushing
configuration

This one has been covered a few times.

> Can we push a file carrying vendor specific configuration which is not
supported in TR69 IGD tree everytime the CPE reboots or defaulted to
factory configuration?

Yes. But it will require custom code on your part. You can either modify
cwmp.coffee to look for those events and handle it, or you can use my fork
<https://github.com/akcoder/genieacs> which will send the events to a
third-party system.

-dan