Object instance state out of sync between Genie and CPE

Manny Veloso manny.veloso at smartrg.com
Mon Feb 2 22:00:25 EST 2015

The basic question is pretty simple, and is something that every management platform has to deal with: what does the model of a device represent? Is it a desired state of a device? The device at a point in time? The known values for the device?

The problem gets more complicated if the device settings change. Which copy of the settings is the canonical copy, the one on the device or the one in GenieACS?

It sounds like a device in GenieACS is a sum of all the settings of a device, not the current state of the device. That’s fine, if that’s what the author wanted.

The problem with changing the GetParameterValues behavior is what happens if you just want to get a subset of values in the IGD tree? That change would wipe out everything that wasn’t in the returned values.

--
Manny Veloso
Sr. Solutions Engineer