API based signal tests...

Christopher Chance cchance at newtechgrp.com
Wed Jan 21 11:30:32 EST 2015

Ok I got my OSS system working to pull signal tests from devices and display for my helpdesk,

Basically  what I have it doing is...

1.       Connects to MongoDB on GenieACS box, to perform a Serial Number query to find the DeviceID, (as our backend staff knows the SN not the OID etc).

2.       Run a getParamaterValues API request to refresh the signal (using timeout = 10000, if it doesn't respond 200 the device is offline right?)

3.       If #2 returns 200 then run a devices query on API to grab the signal results

a.       If #2 returns 202 then return "signal test results not available".

Simple enough I think right? Let me know if you see any flaws or something I missed :)

But there is 1 issue I think, if my OSS staff clicks signal test and the device is offline, and we have some staff that will keep trying to get a test, it will keep adding tr69 tasks to the queue... or if they do a signal test and device is off and then an hour later they do it again and so on the device may have 5-10 getParmValues pending because it was offline.

Is their any way to restrict the queue of the device, or abort the  getparamatervalues request if it doesn't return 200? So never queue it for later... update values, if not possible abort instead of queue?

Or If theres a way, maybe that I can call something on the API, from my OSS automatically that if I get a 202, run an api to wipe that devices queue?

Chris