Issues connecting specific CPE

Manny Veloso manny.veloso at smartrg.com
Thu Mar 5 12:44:00 EST 2015

What¹s always bizarre about the types is that in the end you¹re sending
ASCII over the wire, and the types are really just so you can convert
everything to whatever representation is appropriate. You could probably
do this:

<value bob type=³boolean²>This is a string</value>.

I¹m pretty sure most soap parsers would accept this (i.e.: they don't do
type validation).

I know this is a problem when doing sets, because the acceptable incoming
representation of boolean is implementation specific. It could be 1, true,
TRUE, True, Enabled - it really depends on the device/firmware.

--
Manny Veloso

Sr. Solutions Engineer
Smartrg.com