GenieACS and HTTP

Dave whoohoo patronoflies at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:30:05 EDT 2015

Hey,

I am writing my own script that should retrieve all information from the
CPEs. At first, the responses were of a type "connection:close" and were
fully correct. But I do not want this, since I may need to send a lot of
requests and I do not want to set up a new socket every time.

For this reason I created a persistent connection between my code and the
ACS.
However, in the persistent connection the ACS adds some weird characters to
the JSON replies. I also get these characters in wireshark, which means
that it is not my script that reads the responses incorrectly.

The content contains:
2
[

5 hexadecimal characters (or at least they seem to be hexadecimal)
JSON string
-----
The first 4 lines should not be there. The 5 hexadecimal characters seem to
be different for each CPE but the same for different calls of the same CPE.

Does anyone know there these extra lines suddenly come from and how to
avoid them?
Also, if I use asynchronous HTTP requests, is it guaranteed that the server
responds to them in the same order as they are sent?

Kind regards,

Dave