Running multiple instances of CWMP on different ports?

Manny Veloso manny.veloso at smartrg.com
Tue Mar 31 14:53:30 EDT 2015

Why not just use apache or nginx to proxy from http/https to genie’s CWMP daemon?
--
Manny Veloso
Sr. Solutions Engineer

From: Dan Morphis <dan at milkcarton.com<mailto:dan at milkcarton.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 10:58 AM
To: Community support for GenieACS users <users at lists.genieacs.com<mailto:users at lists.genieacs.com>>
Subject: Running multiple instances of CWMP on different ports?

The majority of the CPE's we have in place are Thomson TG585, 582 or 516's. Unfortunately, these CPE's do not support HTTPS. We have around 4000 of these devices so throwing them away is not an option (I've tried, numerous times :)

To work around this issue, we would like to run two instances of the cwmp, one using SSL, and one not. Are there any foreseeable issues with this? I realize we will need to have two copies of the code/config on disk for the two instances (unless you can pass the path to the config file at runtime?)

Thank you!
Dan