GenieACS API - Find a device by its MAC address

Dave patronoflies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:16:28 EDT 2015

YuZhiGang <gairy.yu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear GenieACS Mailing List Friends,
> I have a test to use the API to find a device by its MAC address, the
command is:

> $ curl -i 'http://localhost:7557/devices/?
query=%7B%22Device.LAN.MACAddress%22%3A%2200:0B:82:69:08:B6%22%7D'

> but this command returns nothing, just the following info. Does anybody
know what's wrong in my usage?

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 08:27:21 GMT
> Connection: keep-alive
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> [
> ]
>

> And I confirm this mac address is correct, please see the following
snapshot on the web GUI:

> Best Regards
> Gary Yu

Hey Gary,

I'm not an expert on the API but it looks to me that could be two things
wrong.

1) The mac address in the URL is capitalized. I think Genie is case
sensitive.

2) Maybe the : should be escaped as you do that before as well (%3A)

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Dave