Thoughts on 'performance' of ACS

Prashant Upadhyaya praupadhyaya at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 23:46:16 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to define the performance of an ACS in terms of
its ability to handle all those CPE's out there.

Eg. should it be defined as the time taken to complete a typical
Inform cycle during BOOT or BOOTSTRAP.
Something like --
TimeStart
TCP connection initiation
CPE Informs with BOOT
No Firmware upgrade
GPV
SPV
SPA
.
.
TCP connection end
TimeEnd

Clearly an ACS is 'fast' if the difference between the TimeStart and
TimeEnd is minimum. Further, the time difference makes sense when 'N'
CPE devices attack the ACS simultaneously. Then cumulatively, to
services those N CPE's, the ACS will take a total time say T.
Can we then say that the performance of ACS is defined by the
parameter N/T which represents a throughput of servicing 'CPE's per
second' by the ACS ?

Or am I clearly off the mark and there is a more meaningful way of
defining the performance of an ACS, kindly do share with your
experience.

Regards
-Prashant