Zero Touch Provisioning - Presets

Hitesh Vinzoda Hitesh.Vinzoda at cerberusnetworks.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 10:01:31 EDT 2015

Zaid/Dan et al,

Any thoughts on the below email?

Cheers
Hitesh

From: Users [mailto:users-bounces at lists.genieacs.com] On Behalf Of Hitesh Vinzoda
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:57 PM
To: Community support for GenieACS users <users at lists.genieacs.com>
Subject: Zero Touch Provisioning - Presets

Hi all,

I am trying to find out best way to do zero touch provisioning of CPE’s. My assumption is as below

·         CPE boots up for first time and connects to ACS using preconfigured URL in default settings

·         In INFORM message it posts the EVENT CODE e.g. BOOT, BOOTSTRAP etc.

·         On ACS end, when such INFORM is received, it should start provisioning

Process in Genieacs:

·         Use a preset to identify the EVENT CODE e.g. BOOT, BOOTSTRAP in the precondition and Tag it as e.g. “PROVISION”

·         A new preset matches, the tag “PROVISION” and CPE Serial Number and sets the respective IGD tree values using SET options

Problem : The current precondition doesn’t have a match against EVENT codes, how can I add a precondition value to match an EVENT code? it occurs to me that the list shall be editable

If you guys have suggestion to do it differently then please advise.

Also is it advised to feed data directly to MongoDB instead of using API’s? In many of other systems we add data directly to MYSQL tables and works fine but not sure of how GenieACS will react to it.

Thanks in Advance

Hitesh Vinzoda

Hitesh Vinzoda

Technical Support Manager | Senior Network Engineer

Cerberus Networks Ltd

DDI:   +44 (0)20 8432 7281

Tel:   +44 (0)345 257 1333

hitesh.vinzoda at cerberusnetworks.co.uk<mailto:hitesh.vinzoda at cerberusnetworks.co.uk> | www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk<http://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk>

Cerberus Networks Ltd, 9 Walmgate Road, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 7LH, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 05734067, VAT No. 879 2864 56