genieacs

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Jan 11 15:27:37 EST 2016

The ACS doesn't generate a config for a CPE in the config file sense. What
a lot of people do is create a preset to generate the base-config for the
CPE, then apply various setParameterValue's to customize the specific CPE
according to the subscribers level of service, etc.

I use multiple "base" presets and tags to configure our CPEs:
[image: Inline image 1]

Preset for routed mode CPEs that don't have a WAN port on them:
[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 3]
For objects, the "key" column is the value that GenieACS uses to know if
the object exists at the node specified in the preset, in which case the
values will be updated to match whats in the object. If the object doesn't
exist it will be created. The "key" columns are also used when deleting an
object.

-dan