How to use custom commands

Oliver Kraitschy okraits at arcor.de
Mon Jun 6 10:08:45 EDT 2016

Hi,

i'm trying to use custom commands. I took one of the two provided examples and
took that as a skeleton. However, there are some questions:

1. Which functions do i need to implement? I guess set and get? What are the
functions dset and setdset for?

2. It seems that custom commands get executed (get function) right after
device registration. How can i avoid that? My custom command depends on a
parameter which is unknown at that point of time. Or do i simply need to abort
execution upon an error?

3. How can i execute the get function with a preset? With a refresh
configuration? Which parameter path do i need to use? (See 4.)

4. What is the parameter path of a custom command? I got a subtree
InternetGatewayDevice.CustomCommand but it has zero entries. But if i look in
the mongodb, i see the custom command with its value, associated with the
device.

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Oliver