Update on the upcoming release

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Mon Mar 7 12:07:26 EST 2016

On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 16:26 +0100, Oliver Kraitschy wrote:
> GenieACS branch v1.0 starts a refreshObject task if a new device
> connects to the acs. GenieACS branch master doesn't do that anymore
> AFAIK. That's a good thing, because a refreshObject takes > 10 min
> for a new device and we want to provision the device first and then
> fetch all parameters.

Yes, that is intentional. It will only fetch the bare minimum
parameters to satisfy a preset or test a precondition. You can get the
previous behavior by adding a preset to refresh the root parameter and
its descendants (refresh: *).

I haven't yet implemented the compatibility layer for tasks so they
won't work for now, only presets will work.

For implementing device provisioning, it's best to do that through
presets rather than the API; either a simple preset with a bootstrap
precondition or a script for more complex scenarios. Though I'm still
working on that part so you can't experiment with it just yet. It's

Zaid