Update on the upcoming release

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Mar 9 16:14:20 EST 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 20:12 +0100, Oliver Kraitschy wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 09:14:55AM -0900, Dan Morphis wrote:
> >
> > Hello Zaid,
> >   I presume the preset scripts will be nodejs scripts? Also, am I
> > reading it correctly that a preset script can be bound to 1 or more
> > events?

Yes, it's Javascript code. Ideally I'd want to sandbox that code and
not give it access to NodeJS functions but I haven't yet found a way to
do that without some performance hit.

The custom script would appear as an option within presets (like set or
refresh). The precondition part will be extended to include time and
event fields, but it will be possible to check for events from within
the preset too.

> i would second a feature which would enable us to trigger external
> actions (for example to add a CPE to a Check_MK server) by defined
> events (like preconditions).
> Is something like this planned or even in the making?

Hopefully yes, that is the plan.

Zaid