parameter_renderers.yml and parameters_edit.yml

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Sat Mar 26 09:43:05 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 23:48 +0100, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> I would like to know how both files (parameter_renderers.yml and
> parameters_edit.yml) work on genieacs-gui, and why are there for.

In parameter_renderers.yml, you can change how a certain parameter is
rendered in the GUI with some Ruby code. Have your custom functions in
a file under config/parameter_renderers directory and reference them in
the YML file. See the sample renderer for the uptime parameter.

The file parameters_edit.yml lets you specify what values (or ranges in
case of int types) are allowed editing a parameter. This will modify
the dialog that pops up when you click "edit" link in the GUI.

Zaid