Reliability/Queueing of tasks with connection request

Oliver Kraitschy okraits at arcor.de
Thu Mar 31 10:25:18 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:53:26PM +0300, Zaid Abdulla wrote:

> Are you including "connection_request" param in the request URL when
> adding tasks (see the API reference in the wiki)? If you are, then you
> can try running tcpdump to make sure the connection request is going
> out and how long the CPE takes to send an inform (if at all). Let me
> know what you find.

Yes, i really include "connection_request" in the url when adding tasks,
and partly the connection requests are successful, but partly not.

I ran tcpdump to analyze the communication and i also ran easycwmp with
debug output.

When a connection request was successful, the following happened:

- ACS connects to CPE via TCP
- ACS does HTTP request without authentication
- CPE denies access and closes TCP connection

- ACS connects to CPE via TCP
- ACS does HTTP request with authentication
- CPE responds with 200 OK
- CPE closes TCP connection

- CPE opens new TCP connection to transfer payload

When a connection request was not successful, the following happened:

- ACS connects to CPE via TCP
- ACS does HTTP request without authentication
- CPE denies access and closes TCP connection

- ACS connects to CPE via TCP
- ACS does HTTP request with authentication
- CPE responds with 200 OK
- CPE closes TCP connection

And that's it. easycwmp simply doesn't open a new connection to transfer
its payload, resigning with this error message:

https://github.com/pivasoftware/easycwmp/blob/master/src/http.c#L318

I haven't found out yet why the value of "ret" isn't ok (0 when
successful, 3328 when not successful).

Do you have any hints?

Greetings,
Oliver