Implementing a set-before-get-behaviour with presets

Oliver Kraitschy okraits at arcor.de
Mon May 9 09:37:58 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 03:03:10AM +0300, Zaid Abdulla wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 15:54 +0200, Oliver Kraitschy wrote:
> > i have the problem that i can't set a parameter (with a preset) which
> > is unknown to the ACS (this happens before any refreshObject has
> > taken place, thus set-before-get)
>
> The ACS should fetch the entire data model of the device when it
> connects for the first time. Is the initial refreshObject failing for
> some reason?

Hello Zaid,

sorry for the delay.

The initial refreshObject is working fine. The problem is that it takes ~
10 min to fetch all parameters (~1500). We want to set specific parameters
first and fetch all parameters afterwards as set-before-get implies.

I solved the problem now by creating a refresh task for all parameters
included in that preset so i can set them with the preset first and fetch
all parameters afterwards.

Additionally we want to track and store the parameter settings of a specific
device in the ACS in a kind of device profile so that the device settings
can be easily restored if a device gets replaced (because of hw failure
etc). At the moment i misuse presets as device profiles. But i had to
implement a mechanism to keep them up to date if a parameter is modified
through the webinterface of the device (a notification is sent by easycwmp
and the preset is updated accordingly).

How would you implement that? Will there be any functionality in the upcoming
release to implement such a behaviour (and set-before-get)?

Greetings,
Oliver