Notifications / Events

James McNab jmcnab at sirran.com
Wed Aug 9 06:39:17 EDT 2017

> On 9 Aug 2017, at 07:50, Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com> wrote:
>
> How about create a provision script triggered on "4 VALUE CHANGE" and
> calls an extension script which handlings sending you a notification

Hi Zaid,

That would work in terms of sending a notification but the provisioning script does not have access to details of the Inform that triggered it to run does it? (Event codes, parameter list included in the Inform etc). I need to know what parameters were included in the 4 VALUE CHANGE Inform so I know what has changed (not just that ‘something’ has changed).

If the cpeRequest object was passed into the provision when it is run in the sandbox then I could pass this to an external script to do the notification.

It would also be useful to have notifications when a task is completed or faults, otherwise we have to poll the ACS to work out if the task has completed or not. Perhaps something worth considering if you are looking at adding pub/sub events to the next version of the API. This is something I might look at adding to my fork.

I believe this notification/event mechanism is actually specified in the NBI spec TR-131 6.7 Events.