Connection Request - Genieacs v1.1

David White david.white at trustpower.co.nz
Mon Mar 6 17:38:55 EST 2017

Hi there,
                I am currently evaluating Genieacs 1.1.

I have run into a problem when trying to make a connection request to the CPE.

I am able to connect to the CPE fine using CURL. (using correct username/password and digest auth etc)

When I try do this from either the NBI or the GUI - I get 404 unauthorized. I have looked at the packet capture and can see what is happening. After the first GET / and 401 Unauthorized, Genieacs is starting a new TCP connection. (SYN) and then sends FIN,ACK for the existing TCP connection. So that when it sends the Authorization response, it is part of a new TCP stream. I assume the CPE doesn't like this and then sends FIN,ACK for the new connection. I have checked on version 1.0 and this behaviour didn't happen for me.

Any ideas on what I can do to debug this?

Thanks,

David White
ISP Support Engineer

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose this email or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete both emails from your system.  It is your responsibility to check this email and any attachments for viruses or other harmful code before opening or sending on.  Trustpower Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively, Trustpower) accepts no responsibility for any such virus or any effects of a virus on your systems or data.  Trustpower does not endorse anything in this email that is not related to its official business.

Please think of the environment before printing this email.