Extensions - findings.

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Mon Mar 13 18:16:12 EDT 2017

Thanks for the write-up. Adding some comments below:

> For testing purposes I have set my test device to inform every 20
> seconds, then apply the preset to a “2 PERIODIC” event and my device
> serial – means I can test end to end.

The event field is optional. Leave it empty and the preset will be
applied at all times.

> This one makes sense but took me a while, if a script faults or
> errors, it will not run again until you clear the fault in the GUI.
> (Think this is on a per device basis)

Fautls are per channel per device. If a fault occures in a given
channel then all presets in that channel will be put on hold until the
fault is deleted or after the retry timeout has passed. The reasons
behind this are 1) to ensure a fault in one process (e.g. refreshing
stats) does not stop another unrelated process (e.g. device
provisioning); and 2) to ensure a group of presets in one channel are
applied atomically so that when using weights to override some values
we can guarentee there won't be any configuration "leakage".

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>