Questions about provisions

Oliver Kraitschy oliver at okraits.de
Tue Mar 28 10:33:19 EDT 2017

Hello everybody,

I have a couple of questions about provisions.

1. How do I trigger a (firmware) download task in a provisioning script?
It's not explained in the wiki. Additionally, I'd like to trigger a
download task only if a device hasn't got the newest firmware version
yet.

2. Can I trigger a download task first and then set device parameters
afterwards, after the device is up again, all in one provisioning
script?

3. What is the best practice to set device-specific parameters in v1.1
(for example DSL credentials, which are unique for each device)? Is the
best practice still to get the data from an external system? If yes,
then I guess by querying the external system from an extension which is
called from a provisioning script, I guess?

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings,
Oliver