History collection too big

mark at montanasky.net mark at montanasky.net
Wed Oct 18 14:57:56 EDT 2017

1. Zaid himself installed it for us.  I didn't realize that the history
collection and the tracking params in parameters.json were customized.

2. We want to track these stats and graph them.  We need them often
enough to plot the last 24 hours, etc.  I'm sure we could change it to
every 10 minutes and still get enough data points.  I'll talk to our
team about making that change.

3. Must've been part of the customization done by Zaid.

I appreciate the offer and I'll get back to you if we're interested.

Thanks

Hello, Mark.

It seems you have a custom version of GenieACS. Who did install it to
you?

1st: Why are you reporting every 60 seconds? That's too little! I've
seen companies reporting once a week. Only in certain special cases that
would be a normal reporting time.

2nd: Why are you tracking the devices with the file parameters.json?
That file is supposed to help in aliasing parameters.

3rd: If you want, I could get yourself v1.1 of GenieACS working, with
some type of daemon to insert those stats every hour, for example. In
another company, a daemon, for example, is fetching those parameters
from the CPE every 5 minutes, with the help of RDDTools, so they can
forget about filling up the database.

Best regards.

Sergio Fernández Rubio - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergiofdz/