refreshObject task resets a Vigor 2860L repeatedly

Vaggelis Kapoulas kapoulas at cti.gr
Thu Sep 21 11:35:57 EDT 2017

Hi!

The problem with the Vigor 2860L, was "partially" solved, by both
updating to the latest firmware and using GenieACS 1.1.

I say "partially" because the CPE does not reboot in all refreshObject
or a Get tasks anymore, but it does so intermittently. I do not have any
definite conclusion or insight, but it seems that this has to do with
the "size" of the object to be refreshed. Refreshing "small" objects is
ok, but refreshing "large" objects seems to cause an immediate reset.

I have also monitored the exchanged packets (with wireshark), in search
of clues, but I have found nothing special. There is the expected
exchange of messages (going on for potentially a long time) and then,
when GenieACS asks for the values of the parameters of a "large" object,
the CPE resets and no more messages are exchanged.

I am still investigating, but, at this time, this is not a priority task
for me.

I would appreciate any addition info, or idea, that you might have.

Best regards,
Vaggelis