Writable table as VirtualParameter

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Apr 13 13:57:34 EDT 2018

You are making this to hard on yourself :). Don't manage port mapping
instances, manage the desired state.

Ex:

//Staticly define the data for demonstration purposes. In production, I
fetch the data from another server.
let portForwards = [{"InternalClient":"192.168.1.
113","PortMappingDescription":"192.168.1.113:9308 to 9308
(UDP)","PortMappingProtocol":"UDP","PortMappingEnabled":1,"
RemoteHost":"","InternalPort":9308,"ExternalPort":9308,"
ExternalPortEndRange":9308}];

let basePath = "InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.*.WANConnectionDevice.1.WAN
PPPConnection.*.PortMapping";
declare(basePath + ".[]", null, {path: 0}); // Tell Genie we want to delete
everything, this won't actually happen unless the instances don't match up
(i.e. an instance was deleted)

for (let forward of portForwards) {
    const path = basePath + '.[' + Object.keys(forward).map(function (key)
{ return key + ':' + forward[key]; }).join(',') + ']';

    log("\r\n\r\nPortForwards - Updating - " + path + "\r\n\r\n", forward);

    for (let key of Object.keys(forward)) {
        declare(path, {path: 1}, {path: 1});
    }
}

What will happen here is on the first run of this script, the port mapping
will be created. On subsequent runs, in Genie's internal state it will
first delete all object instances, but then see that the desired state at
the end is to have a single port mapping, with a name of "192.168.1.113:9308
 to 9308 (UDP)", protocol of UDP, etc. And so no change will be made.

If on subsequent runs, you change any of the parameters, the previous
instance will be deleted, and a new instance will be created with the given
values.

Make sense?

-dan