Writable table as VirtualParameter

George Chelidze george.chelidze at magticom.ge
Sun Apr 15 03:28:03 EDT 2018

Hi Dan,

Please see my comments below.

> The 10 entries aren’t actually deleted. Genie tracks the desired
> state, sees that there is no change to the 10 entries, doesn’t mess
> with them. It will only create the new entry.
Hm, Can you explain how the following declare won't delete everything
under the basePath?

declare(basePath + ".[]", null, {path: 0}); // Tell Genie we want to
delete everything, this won't actually happen unless the instances don't
match up (i.e. an instance was deleted)

> Genie doesn’t have that capability yet. So I fake it :). I create a
> tag on the device called NeedsPortMappings. Then I have a preset with
> the trigger being said tag name which initiates the provision script.
> Then to get the preset to fire I initiate a connection request to the
> CPE. Not ideal, but it works.
Makes sense as far as it works.

> Look in the parameters.yml file in the GUI. It does the same type of
> thing for device hosts. Remember to restart the GUI after making
> changes to the file.
Do you mean the following example in summary_parameters.yml?

Hosts:
    _object: InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.1.Hosts.Host
    Host name: HostName
    IP: IPAddress
    MAC: MACAddress

If yes, then it's a bad example as it contains a particular instance {1}
of LANDevice. What I am looking for is something like this:

_object: InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.*.Hosts.Host

or

_object: InternetGatewayDevice.LANDevice.[0-9]+.Hosts.Host

Then I could adapt it for PortMapping path:
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.{i}.WANConnectionDevice.{i}.WANIPConnection.{i}.PortMappingas
we have no idea that instances will be used on one particular device.

I agree that my original approach is complicated and it might not be
following the Genie's style of doing things, but I still wonder whether
it's possible or not to define virtual parameter which is a writable table.

Best regards,

George Chelidze