Writable table as VirtualParameter

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Apr 18 01:37:29 EDT 2018

On Sun, 2018-04-15 at 11:28 +0400, George Chelidze wrote:
> Hm, Can you explain how the following declare won't delete everything
> under the basePath?

To add to what Dan said, your desired state is only checked against the
deivce's state when you call 'commit()'. The commit function is also
implicitly called when the script exits or when you attempt to read the
return value of the 'declare()' call.

> If yes, then it's a bad example as it contains a particular instance
> {1} of LANDevice. What I am looking for is something like this:

You'll need to patch the source of genieacs-gui. Should be
straightforward and risk-free since it's just a presentation layer. See
app/views/devices/_object_table.html.erb.

> I agree that my original approach is complicated and it might not be
> following the Genie's style of doing things, but I still wonder
> whether it's possible or not to define virtual parameter which is a
> writable table.

Not currently possible unfortunately. It's a planned feature.

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>