Warning "Unrecognized command key" in TransferComplete message

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Thu Aug 9 04:52:55 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 19:44 -0700, Michael Ducharme wrote:
> I am trying to fix this on my own but have spent probably 16 hours
> adding extra logging statements to try to figure out the flow in the
> GenieACS code to see the correct place to patch this and am still
> not sure, though I am still working on it.

Try the attached patch (not tested). This assumes the CPE at least
sends a DownloadResponse. If even that is too much to ask, try doing
something similar but somewhere in sendAcsRequest function.

>  In my case the manufacturer has shown no interest in fixing it since
> they say the spec says that the ACS should handle the session being
> closed improperly in that way.

Not only does that not make sense, the spec actually says otherwise.
IIRC it explicitly states that changes made during a session should be
ignored if the session was not successfully closed.

> Shouldn't GenieACS be able to handle this? If TransferComplete is
> received, shouldn't that be good enough?

The problem is that a reference to the original download wasn't saved
in the database because DB sync happens at the end of the session.

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>