Questions on presets / Firmware upgrade

George Chelidze george.chelidze at magticom.ge
Wed May 2 12:36:32 EDT 2018

Dan, please find my answer below.

On 05/02/2018 08:06 PM, Dan Morphis wrote:
> Was the event your only precondition? Was the channel in a faulted
> state for that CPE? Presets without a channel get put on the "default"
> channel.
>
> -dan

This is how the preset looked before:

{
    "_id" : "firmware-upgrade",
    "channel" : "",
    "weight" : 0,
    "precondition" : "{\"_tags\":\"upgrade\"}",
    "configurations" : [
        {
            "type" : "provision",
            "name" : "firmware-upgrade"
        }
    ],
    "schedule" : "",
    "events" : {
        "1 BOOT" : true
    }
}

Then I replaced "1 BOOT" with "2 PERIODIC" and now it works like a charm
but with periodic event. I am not sure regarding the channel's faulted
state, but I'll give it a try once again. In general, is it a good
practice to put firmware-upgrade/firmware-upgrade-complete presets in a
separate channel?

I forgot to ask one question regarding log() in provisions: while my
provision contains log() statements, I don't see output in logs. Should
I enable debugging to see the output and which file logs are written to?

Thanks,

George Chelidze