Workflow feasibility using Genie-ACS

sachin garg sachingarg2k1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:25:41 EDT 2018

I am working on a new project. The project involves development of a
redirection server for an existing provisioning server.

We manufacture and install SIP phones and its difficult to provision the
same in remote location using DHCP options. So, the SIP phone shall contact
the redirection server for getting the URL of the existing provisioning
server upon boot/reset.

TR-069 shall be used for CPE(SIP phone) - redirection server interface. I
am studying genie-ACS for this purpose. I have some questions regarding the
requirement and if genie matches those:
1. CPE shall send an activation code which is managed by another server.
The access code has to validated before serving the profile. Does Genie has
an existing provision to interface with another server while serving TR-069
supported work flows?
2. Genie has got its own DB and NBI. Can we store the device config into
another server (not part of genie installation) and ask genie to read from
there. Essentially I am planning to use Genie as a TR-069 gateway as I
don't need a full blown ACS for my use  case which is primarily redirection.

Regards,
Sachin