looking for actual working directions for genieacs installations on either centos 7 or ubuntu 16 or 18

Cindy Celata ccelata at benunets.com
Wed Nov 28 17:10:58 EST 2018

Hello Folks,

I was successful til about a month ago using
https://github.com/genieacs/genieacs/wiki/Installation-Guide-Ubuntu-16.04
as a base with some minor tweaks and modifications.  And that cheatsheet
i put together for myself and my coworkers worked great for months.
Something however has changed in the last month. I keep hitting the same
issue on ubuntu 16 when i try to npm install genieacs.  Tried the same
on ubuntu 18, then switched over to CentOS 7 and still hit the same
problem over and over.

node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not installable for libxmljs at 0.18.8
and node at 6.14.3 (node-v48 ABI, glibc) (falling back to source compile
with node-gyp)

I have tried changing out node versions,  tried a whole bunch of node
versions (6,7,8,10) using nvm install, tried using yarn instead of npm,
tried compiling from source vs npm install, manually installing and then
tried cutting bait entirely on ubuntu and moved over to centos7 only to
find the exact same problem on centos.

i give up, i'm supposed to be testing our tr69 app, not debugging
installations of genieacs install freeware.  Anyone have any current
working directions for installing on either centos 7 or ubuntu 16/18
that actually work, an idea of what is going on and how to get past it?
Or, how about if i use today's genieacs master code checkout, what
versions of node, libxml and npm exactly do i need?  If it matters i'm
using mongo 3.4.18, ruby 2.24, redis 3.2.12.

Truly appreciate the help in advance, and thanks.

--
-cc