CWMP Hostname

George Chelidze george.chelidze at magticom.ge
Fri Oct 12 01:46:47 EDT 2018

On 10/12/18 12:47 AM, Tunde Oyeyemi wrote:
> Hi Angel,
>
> If your CPE has support for dhcp option 60, you can change the ACS URL
> via DHCP. Here are the procedures:
>
> On your DHCP server, set ACS URL to option 43 and on the CPE's WAN
> configuration enable option 60 with "dslforum.org"

Good point, however a CPE should also support ACS Discovery mechanism
through DHCP - at least it should be able to handle option 43 as you
mentioned correctly.

> The process should be:
> 1. CPE sends a DHCP Request.
> 2. DHCP Server replies with DHCP ACK
> 3. CPE sends DHCP Discover message with option 60
> 4. Server replies DHCP Offer message with IP information and option 43.

First you have Discover/Offer, then Request/Ack.

Btw, how do you know that it's enough to send option 43 in Offer only
and not in Ack as well? I didn't find any reference on this subject so I
send it in both.

Best regards,

George Chelidze