Warning "Unrecognized command key" in TransferComplete message

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Mon Sep 10 04:00:41 EDT 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-10 at 10:02 -0700, Michael Ducharme wrote:
> Hi Zaid, thanks for the patch. I will give it a shot. Can you point
> to where it says in the spec that it should handle that?

Sorry for the late answer. I couldn't find where in the spec it says
that so perhaps my statement wasn't accurate. But there's the bit about
events and it states that events must be re-sent in case of session
failure. You can therefore argue that the CPE *must* resend the "7
TRANSFER COMPLETE" event due to session failure. That event then has to
be followed by a TransferComplete message. You've got a solid case here
:)

That said, rather than argue around the retry policy I would suggest
focusing on the original issue which is that the client should not be
designed to terminate sessions abrubtly when it needs to reboot.

--
Zaid Abdulla <zaid at genieacs.com>