Roadmap

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Dec 17 14:47:22 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014, at 12:06 AM, Richard Verbrugge wrote:
> Is there a plan in place to have certain portions/functions of GenieACS  completed by a certain time?
> The reason for asking is that this may help focus on finished portions instead of working on multiple projects at the same time.
> It would also provide direction for finishing certain portions first which in return helps to reach milestones that will bring encouragement to the user/developers of GenieACS.
>
> I see great potential in this project to such a degree that if I have sufficient extra time to pick up the framework and help where I can in key elements instead of just finding bugs or suggestions.
>
> -What are some of the current features being worked on?
> -What desired features are planned for the future?
> -What are some would-be-nice to have features?

Hi Richard,

I had to manually approve your post because it passed the size limit. To
avoid this you need to remove the desclaimer and the image.

Work towards the next release will start soon. The following will be the
focus for the next couple of releases:

- Replace aliases with a more solid implementation. May not seem
important, but the current implementation doesn't scale well.
- Notifications to alert external services of events (e.g. inform,
parameter changes, etc.).
- Dyanmic/scriptable presets for better support for device provisioning.

Next release will probably be 1.1 and will have at least one of those
implemented. I'm aiming for end of Jan / early Feb.

You're welcome if you'd like to contribute. There's always the wiki if
you don't have the time for coding.

Zaid