Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Apr 8 14:49:06 EDT 2015

We are going to use a separate management WAN, in private IP space, but one
group of people want to do DNS names, while the other group wants IP. So I
thought I would poll and see how others are doing it. Because of technical
reasons, we have to use the IP - modems don't do dual DNS stacks and we
don't want to resolve all DNS on the management interface.

As for DHCP option, I found a better way of doing this yesterday:
# Define a custom option space for tr069 options
option space tr069;
option tr069.acs-server-url code 1 = text;
vendor-option-space tr069;
option tr069.acs-server-url “http://url/of/acs/server”;

On the few modems we've tried, this works perfectly. And this value
overrides the ACS URL that is preconfigured into the CPE.

-dan