GenieACS and SSL note

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Wed Aug 12 19:38:00 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 01:58 AM, Manny Veloso wrote:
> Yep, we tried it with and without SSL. The delay in the response from
> the CPE averaged around 55 seconds over SSL, which must be SSL
> overhead. I guess it’s easy to forget that these don’t have a lot of
> CPU on them.

I don't know much about the topic but 55 seconds sounds way too long
for SSL handshake and encryption of a few KBs even for a very
limited hardware.

It could be that limited memory causing this delay for large responses
due to use of swap space. If you're only seeing this much delay when
refreshing the entire parameter tree of the device, then try setting the
config option "GET_PARAMETER_NAMES_DEPTH_THRESHOLD" to, say, 3 or 4 to
make the ACS fetch the parameter tree in iterations rather than all at
once so you end up with smaller responses.

Zaid