Uploading firmware or configuration files automatically.

Dr Josef Karthauser joe at truespeed.com
Fri Feb 13 10:02:53 EST 2015

I’m struggling to work out how to upload new firmware or a base configuration file when a new device is registered with the system.

I was expecting to set up a preset with a push file action, but there doesn’t appear to be one.

The use case is that a new CPE presents itself to the network, and I want to upgrade it to the latest firmware, and push a base configuration file prior to customising it for the specific customer. The CPE vendor doesn’t support all parameters to be set and so requires a configuration file to be send to change those that aren’t supported.

I have a base config file in the files/ section of the gui (base.cfg), and if I use the ‘Add firmware’ command interactively I can put the configuration file - what I can’t work out how to do is to have that deployed automatically.

Can someone please point me in the right directory?

Many thanks,
Joe