Password issue idea?

Christopher Chance cchance at newtechgrp.com
Tue Jan 13 12:01:41 EST 2015

I have an issue sorta,

We currently use another ACS, the way it works is that the first set of CPE's we got came stock with no CPE side user/password for auth, on first connection to the old ACS it set the remote cpe's userid/password for tr69 from blank to a value... The newer wave of CPE's came with the userid/pw set properly from the start.

My issue is if I move over to genieacs, we might have some of the older CPE's that are missing the user pass (blank)/(blank) still and if I modify the auth.js to use the correct user/pass the ones missing the user and pass will not work, is there a way to make genieacs, if the user/pass fails, have it retry with blank/blank?

Chris