Presets...

Christopher Chance cchance at newtechgrp.com
Wed Jan 14 15:31:39 EST 2015

I know what presets do if condition = met then configurations = happen

But isn't the presets part of the GUI Portion of genieacs? Wouldn't it have to be part of the genieacs package to perform the precondition check on each inform? Or is the genieacs reaching across to the genieacs-gui package to check the presets?

Or are presets only working when a device is opened in the genieacs-gui (which seems counter intuitive to what the presets are supposed to be doing).

That all said how do the presets compare to the "custom-commands" on the genieacs side of things? (I mean I see theirs a greenpacket custom that appears to check/mess with the frequencies via telnet, but why not just do that via a preset through tr69?.

Am I missing something?

Chris