Question regarding Vendor Config File

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Jul 21 12:51:10 EDT 2015

I can shed some light. The vendor config file is the configuration file you
upload to the CPE usually through the GUI on the CPE. The format of the
file will be specific to the CPE vendor. The config file for SmartRG (and
other Broadcom based CPEs) is an XML representation of the TR069 object
model of the device. While the older Thomson's its in ini file format.

Currently, you have to manually tell the CPE to download the configuration
file. Be aware though, when the CPE applies the config file, it will be
factory defaulted. So if you send the config file to any CPE's that have
customers assigned to it, you will need to set the pppoe credentials and
other settings specific to your environment.