Help adding nested objects with instances

Simon Ryf simon.ryf at broadbandnetworks.ch
Mon Jul 27 06:51:07 EDT 2015

Hello guys,

I need to create a 2nd WANConnectionDevice instance and in there a WANIPConnection instance with parameters.
When the device initially comes up I have:
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1.Enable true
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1.Name OLT_C_TR069_DHCP_WAN

and I need to get to something like this:
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1.Enable true
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.1.WANIPConnection.1.Name OLT_C_TR069_DHCP_WAN
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2.WANIPConnection
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2.WANIPConnection.1
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2.WANIPConnection.1.Enable true
InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2.WANIPConnection.1.Name 2_INTERNET_R_VID_100

(for simplicty I removed a few lines ;-)

-----------------------------
I could not manage to create the nested object in one go so I ended up in adding two objects in my Preset.

Presets:
--------
HG8247_Enable_Routed_INET:
Add object "WANIPConnection" to InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice
Add object "WANIPConnectionDetails" to InternetGatewayDevice.WANDevice.1.WANConnectionDevice.2.WANIPConnection

Objects:
--------
WANIPConnection:
(x) WANIPConnection = ''

WANIPConnectionDetails:
( ) Enable = true
(x) Name = 2_INTERNET_R_VID_100

But with this config I have two issues
1. I need to refresh before it creates the second Object (WANIPConnectionDetails)
2. Every refresh a new WANConnectionDevice instance is going to be created as genieacs doesn't know that I don't need any more 'WANIPConnection' Objects.

Do you know how this could be done better? I tried quite a few things but I'm happy to test any suggestion.
(HTTP dump is attached - if you like to have a close view)

Any help is appreciated
regards
Simon

P.S. I forked the version 1.0.4 but there seems to be no version information in the web-ui and in the HTTP-DUMP i get "1.0.0"