Adding Devices Manually

Don Johnson don.johnson at uniserveteam.com
Mon May 25 14:25:32 EDT 2015

Our company has our current ACS (OpenACS) tied to our inventory system
so that when we assign a modem to a customer we add the CPE to the ACS's
MySQL database. When the customer does their initial bootup of the
device it already exists in the ACS with the assigned login, which we
add to the modem by a configuration script and a couple database reads.

We want to move to GenieACS, but we need to do something similar with
our inventory setup. I'd like to be able to add the assigned inventory
CPE to the ACS, and then setup a couple tasks to refresh all the objects
and update the username and password when the customer boots up.

For GenieACS is it possible to add a device through the NBI, or will I
need to do this with a MongoDB interaction?

--
Don Johnson
Internal Systems Developer

The sender intends this message for a specific recipient and, as it may
contain information that is privileged or confidential, any use,
dissemination, forwarding, or copying by anyone without permission from
the sender is prohibited. Personal e-mail may contain views that are not
necessarily those of the company.