Adding Devices Manually

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon May 25 19:06:49 EDT 2015

The ability to pre-add a device manually is on the feature request list.

Touching the mongo db can lead to problems because there is a caching layer in there - redis.

The way I handle this is a notification fork I did. Genieacs notifies my service when an event occurs on a device. I check if that device needs to be configured, if so I start pushing config to it.

-dan