genieacs-fs with password auth

Zaid Abdulla zaid at genieacs.com
Thu Sep 10 17:26:03 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015, at 06:50 PM, Florian Eckert wrote:

> I dont know what tr069 suggest!

Should the acs send password and username with soap during a
download request?

Or is it also possible to use the password and username from the inform
messages to the acs?

> For now i have patched the EasyCwmp in the cpe side to use the
> password and username that cpe uses for the inform messages to
> the acs.

The ACS has to provide the credentials for the file download with the
download request. I wouldn't patch the client like that. Not only is it
against the standard, but updating the firmware of your clients later is
more difficult then updating your ACS.

Zaid