MongoDB performance with GenieACS

Nathan Ward genieacs-list at daork.net
Tue Jul 5 00:35:05 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Have just started trailing GenieACS, and have pointed 2k odd CPE devices at
it.

Default install of mongodb, redis, etc.

I'm finding that the mongodb process sits pegged using an entire CPU. I
don't have much experience optimising mongodb, but I've looked at some of
the profiler stats and see that it spends a lot of timing waiting for locks
doing inserts or queries.

Is this what I should expect normally, when a lot of new devices are being
added, or is there some Mongo tuning or configuration that I should be
doing to make this perform better?

There doesn't seem to be much disk IO, just and plenty of free memory. Is
Mongo doing a lot of processing of this data? Building indexes of all of
the different objects?

--
Nathan Ward