Are you suffering attacks to your servers?

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Jul 27 12:08:03 EDT 2016

Why is your ACS allowing connections from CPEs not in your IP space?

We setup our DSL CPE's with two PVCs, one on the standard 0/35 that
customer internet traffic uses, and 0/36 which is strictly for the ACS and
lives in private IP space. For our PON and ethernet customers, untagged
traffic is public internet, and traffic tagged to a specific VLAN goes to
the ACS. The tagging is done by the CPE. In this way, our attack surface is
significantly reduced.

-dan