Deploying GenieACS with Docker

Oliver Kraitschy okraits at arcor.de
Wed Jun 1 11:01:54 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 12:19:13PM +0200, Guillaume Mazoyer wrote:

> They are valid and I encourage to go ahead with these.
> Feel free to contribute to my repository, I suppose it would benefit
> anyone if we could regroup our efforts :)

I'm active on Github and don't have a GitLab account. But i try to share
my setup when it reached a decent state :-)

Now back to topic:

Reading through the Docker docs, i thought that GenieACS might be a proper
usecase for using "extends":

https://docs.docker.com/compose/extends/#example-use-case-1

All GenieACS services (except GenieACS-GUI) share the same code and
configuration. Only the port and the command is different. So it's
similar to the example.
I know that this is against the principle "one container for each service"
but it's in the official docs ;-) To me this looks more clean than building
3 similar containers (i know that they'll be optimized with layers, anyway).

What do you think?

Greetings,
Oliver